Valley Project Executive Committee
Our Executive Committee is made up of community members who volunteer their time to manage the governance of the Valley Project.
The committee meets monthly.
Agendas and minutes of their meetings are available to view in the Valley Project office.
AGM minutes and documents are here on the website.
Meet our wonderful team of exec members.
The Executive is currently recruiting new members!
The Valley Project was formed in the early 2000’s to combat issues identified in our community. We have since grown to a community led development program which acts as a social enterprise hub for our community and also has community rooms and programs we bring out for the community. The Valley Project is located in North East Valley Dunedin and services the areas of Pine Hill, Dalmore, Opoho, Upper Junction and Gardens. The mission and vision of the project are;
The Vision of TVP is an inclusive, connected and thriving community
Ko ta matou tirohanga he hapori whakauru, hono me te oranga.
Our mission is to mobilise our community’s strengths and resources into locally led action.
We are looking for applicants to join our executive which governs the society, who are passionate about community and live, work or play in NEV.. We are after 3-4 extra people to join us that offer the following skills in accordance with our Executive Charter;
- Strategic Direction
- Experience of working in the not for profit sector
- Professional practice in community development
- Resident of the Valley Project geographic area
- Governance Experience
- Business experience
- Mana Whenua representation
We are specifically looking to bolster fundraising, legal experience, diversity and the not for profit sector.
The Role of an Executive Member
The Valley Project is looking for Executive members. This position will suit people who want to get more involved in their community, and for those who may be wanting to strengthen and bring their leadership skills to the executive. We hope you would also be able to contribute to its strategic direction, meet its legal obligations, and monitor the performance of The Valley Project in accordance with our constitution and policies.
The key responsibilities in this role include:
- Contributing to executive meetings (once a month) and collective responsibility for decision-making
- Contributing, at a governance level, to the development, implementation, and review of the The Projects’ strategic plan and annual work programme
- The executive meetings are usually held monthly at The Community Rooms in North East Valley.
- This is an unpaid role.
- We particularly encourage applications from Tangata Whenua, Pasifika, Individuals with a disability, and those that live in The Valley Project area.
Apply Now, using the button above!